We are currently seeking experienced butchers to work on our Night Shift.
As a Butcher with experience working with all species, you will prepare fresh meats to a high standard to individual customer specification for supply to both retail and the catering trade. Reporting to either a Shift Supervisor or Manager, you will work on a traditional butcher’s block, i.e. this is not a role on a processing line. You will work within a team of 8 to 11 production personnel in a shift based factory environment.
It is essential that candidates have a good level of both written and spoken English as all employees are required to accurately follow instruction and complete paperwork associated with their duties.
Night Shift – 40 or 48 hours per week, worked over 5 or 6 shifts from 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m., Sunday to Friday with a specified day off midweek for the 5 night role.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL:
- Have clear communication skills
- Be organised
- Work to a high standard, paying attention to detail and customer specification
- Be able to work on their own as well as part of a team
- Be physically fit as the work is demanding
- Ensure stock is rotated in line with Company procedures
- 28 days holiday plus long service days
- Significant staff discount on products
- Stakeholder pension
- Free off street parking
SALARY: Competitive, dependent on experience. Night Shift Allowance payable on qualifying shifts of 6 hours or more, worked between the hours of 8 pm and 6 am.
Previous experience of working night shifts would be an advantage.
Should you feel you have the skills required to fill this role, please apply by emailing email@example.com, attaching your CV and a covering letter.