Packer – Production Operative – Day Shift (Monday to Saturday)
Permanent Position – Competitive Starting Rates (above minimum wage), with Opportunities for Progression.
Due to continued expansion, we are currently recruiting an additional Packer – Production Operative on Day Shift.
Working hours: 47 per week, worked over 6 days – Monday to Saturday:
Monday 7:00 am to 2:00 pm
Tuesday: 7:00 am to 4:30 pm
Wednesday: 7:00 am to 4:00 pm
Thursday: 7:00 am to 5:00 pm
Friday: 7:00 am to 5:00 pm
Saturday: 7:00 am to 1:30 pm
- Packing and accurately labelling produce
- Picking produce from fridges, freezers and other storage areas
- Checking and rotating stock
- Removing debris / surplus packaging from working areas
- Assisting with deliveries as required
- General production cleaning including: machinery within the butchery department, designated floors, walls, work tables, offices, kitchen / canteen areas, changing rooms, toilets, front yard and entrance to factory.
- Occasionally working with the production team on meat / poultry preparation.
The successful candidate will:
- Work to a high standard, paying attention to detail
- Have a good level of both written and spoken English
- Be able to work on their own as well as part of a team
- Be physically fit as the work is demanding
Experience of working within a food production environment would be an advantage.
- Opportunity for career progression
- 24 days holiday plus Bank Holidays and long service days
- Significant staff discount on products
- Free off street parking
If you feel you have the skills and experience required, please apply online for this role with your CV and covering letter.